

Heather is on the move. A couple of weeks ago she learned how to crawl on all fours and there is no stopping her now. Everyday she is getting faster. She is also pulling up and climbing on everything that is chest high for her. She is getting better and supporting her weight and I don't think it will be long before she is cruising.
She has also learned to clap and beat on a drum. It is so cute to see her get excited. First, she lets out a loud delightful squeal followed by clapping. She loves to see Sam and watch him play fetch.
She has recently discovered the joys of splashing in the bath tub. So much so that sometimes she topples herself backwards.
Her new favorite food is Cheerios. I think she would eat a whole box if I would let her. Lately she has been refusing her morning baby soft cereal for crunchy cheerios. I have also given her spaghetti, which she loved. She also likes finely shredded cheese. She is doing well with the sippy cup and will drink formula out of it. The past few days she has drank about 6-8 oz during mealtimes.
This past week she went for her 9 month check up (a month early) because the doctor wanted to make sure a previous ear infection was clear. At this checkup they draw blood and check the hemoglobin (iron) and she was found to have low levels, so now I have to give her multivitamin drops with iron and if anyone has ever had to give this nasty stuff to their kid they know what I mean when it is like giving your baby dirty engine oil. It is the most foul smelling, staining, disgusting stuff I have ever given my child. I had to give it to Brooke as well for about a month and I hated it then as much as I do now. Although, I have learned a few tricks. #1 don't ever give it to your baby while they are dressed or on anything that is not immediately wipeable. I'm talking naked on a tile floor, watch out for the grout. #2 make sure the baby is lying down with their head between your legs and have an old towel draped over your legs so that you don't get dirty. #3 squirt just a little into their cheeks so hopefully they can't spit it back at you. #4 I hope that no one has to give this repulsive stuff to their baby! She will have her levels checked again in a couple of weeks and I pray that they are normal!
Heather is wearing 6-9 month clothing and size 3 diapers. She weighs 15lbs 3oz.
No comments:
Post a Comment