Friday, May 20, 2011
Potty training woes
Potty training has not gone as smoothly as I hoped it would. I know that Brooke is mentally capable of learning this life skill and maybe that is why it is so frustrating that she hasn't been interested in learning. Several months ago, she peed in the potty and I was so happy and thought that she would master it soon, but to my dismay that was only a one time occurrence. Then a couple of months later she wanted to go poo poo in the potty and with 3 successful days I thought we were on the track to having her trained in a few weeks! I was thinking her lack of interest was because of my inconsistency in asking if she needed to use the potty. So, I started becoming more consistent and we always tried before bath time, but I was only met with defiance. We have tried encouraging potty usage with stamps, stickers, and candy without much success. So, last night I decided maybe if she picked out her big girl underwear herself then we would have more positive participation. We went to target and she gleefully picked out Nemo and Toy Story panties. I washed them last night and she wanted to wear them today. Wish us luck as we try yet another different direction to potty training.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha how cute! And I love the blog layout!
ReplyDelete