Monday, January 31, 2011

Have you ever seen anyone famous?

Aside from seeing famous people at concerts or scheduled events in nosebleed seats, I have never seen someone famous out in normal public, until last Thursday.
The day started off with a road trip with my sister-in-law, Stacy, and her son, Jason. We were going to make a quick trip to Dallas to shop at Buybuy Baby and Whole Foods. After having a successful trip to Buybuy Baby, we decided to head over to WF and eat in their cafe. While eating, Stacy said, "I think Laura Bush just walked in!" I looked and sure enough she was right! Laura Bush had just walked in the store and went to the floral department. No one else in the store acted like it was any big deal. Meanwhile both of us were watching her in awe and could not believe our eyes. She had a lady with her and a few steps back was a secret service agent. As she started to walk out of the store, I thought I could take a picture with my phone, when she turned and looked right at us. We had huge grins on our faces and I kept telling myself to look away, it's rude to stare, but I just couldn't do it! She got a huge smile on her face and waved to us. I would like to think that she was flattered that we were starring, but I am afraid I just looked like a big goof with my jaw on the floor! What was more amusing was that the lady at the table next to us thought it was hilarious that we were cackling like little school girls over seeing Mrs. Bush and she thought it was no big deal! Anyway, it made for a great day and we never expected to see someone we admire up close!



Jason and Heather (they were holding hands) So Cute!


All three cousins

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl, you are too funny! I would have been totally star struck too!
    What sweet pics of all 3 kids! Fun that they are all so close in age too!

    ReplyDelete