Friday, January 7, 2011

Friends Week

The week after Christmas I got the best present anyone could have got, visits with two of my best friends from high school! I knew both of them were coming to Texas for the holidays, however, I thought their schedules would both be too busy with family. Luckily to my surprise I got to see both! I met up with Kyla and Michael, her parents, and her sister and her kids for lunch at Pizza King. Kyla lives way up north in Minnesota. Michael and her are expecting their first baby boy in April. It was so much fun to catch up with her and see her while she was pregnant. The last time we met this past summer, I completely forgot to take any pictures! So, this time I was determined to remember to take some pictures. I remembered to bring my camera, but sadly I forgot to put the memory card into the camera. :(. At least Kyla remembered her camera and emailed me some pictures! :) Next time, I promise I will have everything together.





Next, I got to visit with Eskai and her family. We met up at the Dairy Palace in Canton. It was so much fun meeting her son Jadon (1 year) and seeing her pretty girl, Sarai (4 yrs). After my earlier mistake in the week, I remembered to bring my camera and memory stick to document this special treat. I haven't seen Eskai in 2 years and it was really special to sit and catch up! The last time I saw her I didn't have any children. So a lot has changed since the last time we saw each other.




I love both these girls so much. It seems every time we talk we are able to just pick up right where we left off and since we had such good friendships in high school we really understand each other. I am really lucky to have met such wonderful people early in my life and make life long friendships no matter how far apart we live! Thanks for a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Love that y'all got to catch up. Would you believe I have never had Pizza King? How did I miss that after living there for 18 years?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see Kyla and Eskai doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so fun to see you too Carrie! You're so sweet and I feel the exact same way - that no matter how much time passes our friendship remains strong like it always has been. I'm so blessed to have you as my friend and your girls are just precious!

    Now, next time you can bet I will call you to personally remind you to bring both your camera AND the memory card! haha :)

    ReplyDelete