Sunday, February 27, 2011

Race Weekend

This past weekend we (me and the girls) traveled to Arlington for my brother and I to run in the Cowtown 10K. On Friday, we met up with some old friends and had a play date. All of our children were born within a month of each other. It was so nice to catch up and see how much our children have grown.


Landon, Colton, MacKenna, and Brooke



Later that evening my brother and his oldest son, Andrew arrived in town. Brooke loved playing with Andrew. I only have a picture of the two of them in the bath.


On Saturday, Chris and I had our race. He has been training for a while and was ready to run! I on the other hand had not trained properly (I knew this), but that is also why I only chose to run the 10K. He left me in his dust at mile 2! I knew if I tried to run as fast as him I would not have finished. I did finish the race at my own pace of 11 min/mile, which I am very proud of after having a 5 month old and really only training for 3 months with only running twice a week. Chris did great and finished 7 min ahead of me. He also stuck around and ran the half marathon on Sunday. I am so proud of him for this accomplishment. He did a great job!

Before the race


After the race :)

P.S. I apologize for the quality of the pictures they are from my phone.

3 comments:

  1. Whoa! Good job! I am not even close to that pace yet and my baby is 10 months old (although I haven't been running as consistently as I should be). Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow girl - good job on the race! That is a great accomplishment so soon after having baby #2!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, You did great! It was an honor to run with mrs. 1/2 marathon, marathon and a triathlon athlete!

    I'm looking forward to our next.

    ReplyDelete