I know I say this a lot, but I can't believe Heather is already 6 months. Time really flies when you have 2 children!
She is doing so much now. She sits unsupported. She can push her chest and belly off the floor using her arms, but hasn't coordinated bending her legs at the same time to lift her lower half. She has figured out that she can roll to get places. She rarely stays in the same place and is always rolling or spinning off her play mat. I have brought out the foam blocks to lay on the floor because they cover a larger surface area so she doesn't roll on the tile.
She is putting everything thing she gets her hands on in her mouth, so now I have to be more watchful of what she is getting into. She loves to play with her sippy cup, but hasn't figured out how to really drink from it yet. She is doing very well eating. I feed her cereal in the morning, two veggies for lunch, and either a fruit or veggie with cereal for dinner. So far, she has eaten peas, green beans, squash, sweet potato, carrots, banana, peach, pears, and prunes. The only thing she hasn't liked is bananas. She is also nursing more on a schedule give or take 30 mins. I nurse her between 6:30 and 7am, then at 9:30, 12:30, 3:30, 7, and then she wakes up at night sometime between 2-4am for a feeding. She goes to bed at 7pm and naps at 9:30 for about 1 - 1 1/2 hrs and again around 2 for another 1-1 1/2 hrs. It is kinda sad that she is not my cuddler. I could rock or nurse Brooke to sleep and it was so peaceful. Heather is a quick nurser and doesn't like to be rocked to sleep. Most of the time I just have to lay her down and walk away with her crying. She will cry herself to sleep in 5-10 minutes. It breaks my heart, but if I try to cuddle her she just pushes away and tries to sit up. Even when I am just carrying her around and holding her she would prefer to be held facing out so she doesn't miss anything going on around her. I guess it's true what everyone has told me: each child has their own personality and this is just the way Heather was wired.
She loves to watch the animals and her older sister Brooke. She laughs each time Sam returns the frisbee/ball when we are playing fetch. She likes to pet the cat, although the cat isn't coming as close anymore now that she has discovered Heather's death grip. :) She has discovered how to blow raspberries and Brooke will even join in. It's cute to watch them go back and forth blowing raspberries. She is babbling a lot more and I have noticed more vowel/consonant combinations.
She loves when we sing songs and play with the shakers and rattles. She loves to play patty cake and itsy bitty spider.
She is wearing 6-9 month clothing and size 2 shoe and diaper. She weighs 14lbs (13%) and is 27.5 inches (90%).
Aww, she is so sweet and precious! Wow, 6 months sure does seem to go by fast! Glad to hear that she is a good eater!
ReplyDelete