Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Heather 10 months



My little girl is growing up so fast. She is really letting her personality shine! She loves to be silly and is intentionally doing silly things like putting a basket on her head and crawling around. She will climb in the little tikes car, grab the steering wheel, and shake her head around like a crazed monkey. She will put several toys in a bowl then dump them on her head laughing the whole time. She thinks it is hilarious to "sneak" up on her sister or cat or dog even though they hear her squeal in delight before she has gotten there. When Brooke is acting silly, she claps and laughs in delight! It is so much fun to be interactive with Heather now. I love to just sit back and watch Heather in action.
She is sleeping through the night. I have noticed a frustrating sleep pattern. Heather has dropped her morning nap and will only take one afternoon nap usually from 12-2. However, if she cuts that nap short then it is not a happy ending. She will go down for bed fine, but every time she has a short nap she will wake up 1-2 hrs after I have put her down for the night just screaming. It is very difficult to get her to go back to sleep. I feel so bad for her and I can't wait until she is napping at least 2hrs consistently. 2hrs seems to be the perfect amount of sleep for nap time and she will not wake at all during the night on days that she naps well.
She is doing well eating table foods and will try anything that I put in front of her. She doesn't prefer apples, watermelon, or mangoes, but so far she has eaten everything else.
I weighed her using our home scale and she is 16.5lbs and 28.25" long (but this is as close of a measurement as I could get because she was squirming around).
She is wearing 12 month clothes, size 3 diaper, and size 3 shoe.
As usual, I had almost forgot to take a picture until it was bath time and while I was getting Brooke ready for bed I asked Ryan to take a picture with her bunny and monkey. Well, he didn't know which bunny I was talking about and just grabbed one out of the crib. Even though it wasn't the "correct" bunny, I thought it was a cute picture anyway.

2 comments:

  1. She's getting so big! Jonathan would do the same thing with Jake when I asked him to take pictures. And most of them were blurry!

    We need to get together now that we live close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, sweet Heather! How fun to read about the funny little things she does! Hopefully those naps and sleep patterns will get better soon too!

    So funny about the bunny picture. :P Ok, tell Heather she better start gaining weight fast...Joseph is almost 4 months and is probably over 15 lbs!! He's gaining on her! :P

    -Kyla (not sure why I can't post comments with my google profile on your blog anymore) :P

    ReplyDelete