Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The BIG 6-0

My dad's birthday was this past Sunday and he turned 60. Since this is a major milestone birthday, I wanted to celebrate it in a big way! My mother, brother, and I decided to throw him a surprise birthday party. I had a lot of fun planning it. This was the first time I had ever planned a party for this big group of people (35). I did have thoughts during the planning process that I could get into this and this is fun, but those thoughts were quickly dissolved when the day of the party came! There were a few unforeseen kinks thrown into my final planning hours and I had to make some compromises, but thanks to my MIL for her help we were able to pull it off! The party was a success and I had bought plenty of food and everyone went home happy, so it was all worth it to see the look on his face.

The week before the party, my brother thought that my dad sounded suspicious of me planning something. So, all week I was trying to think of something to distract his thoughts, but it serendipitously worked out on the day of his party. My brother traveled from Lubbock for his birthday and on Saturday we surprised him at lunch with the arrival of my brother and his family! So, I thought this is perfect, he thinks that this was the BIG surprise and now he won't suspect anything else the rest of the day, GREAT! Well, that night we had the party at the church. He looked shocked when he walked in the room. He told me that he didn't expect anything and he was surprised! Then he said, "Now this is all the surprising, right?" I told him yes and to just enjoy the evening!

Here are some pictures of the evening:
My nephews: Andrew and Ethan




The kids know where the good stuff is!


Ethan's face says it all...

My dad looking at all his memorabilia. My mom and I worked on getting pictures and things he liked together to display on a keepsake table.

Me and the birthday boy!



The birthday cake



I Love You, Dad! I hoped you liked your party. Happy 60th Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a wonderful party! Sounds like everything went so well and you guys had a fun time. Happy Birthday Mr. Blazek!!

    -Kyla

    ReplyDelete