Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spring planting


Yesterday we spent the whole day planting flowers and a tree. We planted about 50 begonias, some red salvias, petunias, daisies, purple fountain grass, redleaf japanese maple, and some mondo grass.

Ryan got our vegetable gardens all ready to plant by mixing the dirt, some mulch, and some miracle grow. We will plant some tomatoes, peppers, basil, mint, and chives.


Brooke loved helping shovel dirt using her $1 shovel I found on the dollar racks at Target! I try to not buy her stuff every time we go to the store, but I couldn't pass up that deal.


Ryan and Brooke even found a baby red-eared slider turtle in our back yard.



3 comments:

  1. Perfect start for her turtle farm ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that shovel the other day too and almost bought it for her! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers look so pretty!! I bet your garden will do great too with all the great sunshine you have in your backyard!

    ReplyDelete