Monday, April 11, 2011

What's Happening...

There has been a lot happening around here...

A month ago we bought a new car, a Ford Expedition EL aka the yacht! We wanted a vehicle with a lot more storage, a usable 3rd row seat, and 4x4 capabilities. The ford fit the bill.


This past week I finally got our old Rendezvous ready to sell and we posted it on craigslist and had it sold within 48hrs. I am convinced that craigslist is the way to sell cars now. In addition to this car, we also sold my corolla in 2008 in less than 48hrs of posting on craigslist!


One thing I will never forget about this vehicle is that we brought both girls home from the hospital in this car.



Last Friday we went to the newly redone Spring Hill park. Brooke loved playing on the slides, but...

she loved the firetruck best of all!


It is a really nice park except for the shade. I will love visiting in the early spring and late fall, but not in the middle of summer!

When we were planting our garden a couple of weeks ago, Ryan found a baby turtle in our back yard. We kept him for about a week and we didn't want another mouth too feed plus I was tired of looking for worms, so we decided to let him go in the lake across the street. I had to explain to Brooke that we were sending him back to his home and we could visit him anytime she wanted, but I had to bribe her with some mickey mouse to get her to come back to the house.


I must swim to the water....

Home at last!

On our way back up to the house, we found another baby turtle in our driveway! We walked that one down to the lake later that day. Then this morning, as I was walking by one of our windows I thought I saw something crawling in our backyard and sure enough it was another turtle! This was an adult that I think just got lost during the storm last night. Brooke was very excited to touch it and pick it up. She was surprised to see that it peed on her when she picked it up and now she keeps on saying, "turtle pee". :)

She was trying to feed him grass to entice him to come out of his shell.


Heather is getting more mobile. She hasn't crawled yet, but the gears are turning. She can get on all fours and has stretched out her arms a few times, but then falls on her belly. I know it won't be long.




This is her favorite ball lately. Every time she sees it she gets this look in her eyes that she must have it.

Ah, victory!


Lately, Brooke has requested Ryan play his trumpet for her. This is coming from the same girl that used to (@ 12 months) scream at the sight of the trumpet. Ryan has capitalized on this opportunity to try and teach her how to play. She loves to try!



This past Sunday, Brooke was intrigued watching me paint my toenails and she wanted the same done to her. This is the first time I have ever painted her toenails. She loved it!

We also got our pictures in from our professional photography session, but I haven't received the CD. I will post pictures soon.

Also, we have not sold our house in Arlington. We decided to take it off the market for a couple of weeks and have some major updating done. We are having the entire interior repainted, new granite countertops installed, and staging done. I will post pictures when our decorator is done with the place. Hopefully, we will be able to sell it soon after we put it back on the market.

This is what is keeping us busy these days!

1 comment:

  1. What fun new pictures! I love the new car - it looks so nice! That's too funny about all of y'alls little turtle friends. That's fun for the girls to see those and at least you have a good place nearby where you can return them to their home. :) That's so fun about painting Brooke's toe nails too - it's so cute when they get to that very girly stage and want to be just like mommy!

    ReplyDelete