She started to get upset by even the sight of it towards the end of the week.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
1st plane ride
Sorry, this post has taken me so long to update. We took our first plane trip to Park City, UT during the last week of February. It was us and Ryan's parents that went. Brooke did great on the plane despite being sick. The week before we left the doctor picked up an ear infection at her 1 yr visit and started her on some Omnicef. The night before we left I spent 3 hrs in the emergency clinic with Brooke because she was running a fever and had developed a productive cough while still on the Omnicef. They tested her for flu and RSV and both were negative, so the doctor decided to start her on azithromycin. She didn't sleep well that night, so I was worried about the plane ride. She actually did very well and slept most of the ride. Once we got there we had a car shuttle drive us to our condo from the airport and the carseat they provided was a forward facing one. This was the first time Brooke got to sit in a front facing seat. She loved it. The condo we rented was very nice. Unfortunately we didn't think to take pictures. It was a three level condo with a bedroom on each level and a loft area that had bunk beds. The owners provided a crib and highchair, which is what attracted us to the condo because that meant less stuff we had to take. Our first day skiing was at Park City and I signed Brooke up for this drop in daycare place right across from the lifts. It was a neat place. Brooke had jet lag and slept most of the time she was there. I ended my day a little after lunch, so Brooke didn't have to stay all day. The next day we went to The Canyons to ski. Brooke stayed at the resort daycare located at the base of the Gondola. It was a really nice place. I called in at lunch to check on her and they said she was doing fine. Just as I was finishing eating they called and said she had vomited and I needed to pick her up. I tried explaining to them that she vomits all the time. (Most days of the week she is changed in different clothes when I pick her up from daycare because she vomits. Her daycare in Arlington doesn't even call me anymore when she does it because they know she is prone to vomiting.) I tried explaining this to that daycare, but they said it was their policy and I had to pick her up. I was a little disappointed because it was sunny and the snow was great that day! (By the way, her doctor started her back on Prevacid at her 1yr visit because of this problem and he said if it isn't resolved by her next visit then we will take the next step, which is referring us to a gastroenterologist.) The next two days we skied at Deer Valley. Brooke stayed at their resort daycare, which was very nice and extremely organized. I had to have my hand stamped with a stamp that is only visible under UV light and then I was let through a locked door and down a hallway full of staff to her little tots room. All of the workers were very kind and there was plenty of toys and activities for her. We had a great ski trip and I am really glad we got to take one this year.
Brooke did not like getting dressed in her snow suit.
She started to get upset by even the sight of it towards the end of the week.
Is this supposed to be fun?
She started to get upset by even the sight of it towards the end of the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love her pink snow suit, pink jacket and pink hat!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun trip you guys had! Glad you got some good ski time in and had fun! Brooke is precious in her little outfit! That picture of her crying because she doesn't like it is too funny - bless her little heart! :)
ReplyDelete