Friday, January 22, 2010

11 1/2 months

Last night I was updating Brooke's baby book and I was just amazed at how many things she is able to do! I can't believe she is almost a year. Sometimes I feel like I am just looking forward to the next milestone and what she will be doing next. I try to catch myself and just enjoy what she can do now because it will all change TOO soon! I remember when we brought her home she was so small and fragile. All I wanted to do was hold her all day. She still loves to cuddle, but at the same time she is so independent now. She does well playing with herself. She loves to flip through books and babble. She is starting to try and imitate our words. She has been saying "booo" for book and "dat" for cat, although she says "da" to just about anything, but I can tell a difference. She is very good about pointing to what she wants. She loves to climb the stairs and has figured out how to come back down on her belly. She loves to be pushed around on her ride-on toys and chase mama, dada, or the dog. She is all about exploring her world. She has recently discovered how to open cabinets and drawers. She also loves to pull all the clothes out of the laundry basket. She is a very happy baby and it is easy to make her laugh by making a funny face or playing peek-a-boo. I love this age!


I have been working on weaning her and now I only nurse her in the mornings. We have also introduced whole milk at meal times. She mainly just lets it dribble out of her mouth, but I want her to get used to the taste, so we can switch her when she is a year. We have also been working on eating more table foods and using a spoon and fork. Most of the time if I have her bowl on the table she completely disregards the utensils and just picks up the bowl like a cup. Thank goodness her bib is thick and has a cupped edge at the bottom. This has saved many messes!


Here is a video of Daddy pushing Brooke on her ride on toy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, she has the cutest little squeal ever!! Daddy has some crazy driving skills - hold on tight! haha :)

    ReplyDelete