Wow, since Christmas our life has been non-stop! The week after Christmas Brooke was sick with a nasty cough and runny nose that turned into a double ear infection! Poor baby didn't feel well and that meant that Brooke nor mama slept well. She finally recovered and is feeling better now.
This is a video of Brooke playing with her rocking horse that interacts with the TV.
On January 4th, Brooke was promoted to the a new room at daycare to make room for more babies. At first, I was worried about this room because they have scheduled nap times. I also didn't know that the first nap was at 11:45! Well, considering that Brooke wakes up most mornings around 5am that is a long time to be awake. I told them she usually takes a nap earlier in the day, but she refuses at daycare to do that now that she is in the big girl room. At home she still takes her morning nap. We are also working on more table foods and drinking more consistently from a straw cup. She is doing great!
Brooke also turned 11 months on January 10th, which is also the day that we got her
Baptized. I can't believe she is already 11 months!!!! (only one more month of my sweet baby and then I will officially have a 1 year old! sniff...sniff...) I have been busy preparing for her birthday bash! We are going to keep it small the first year and only have family over to celebrate. I don't want Brooke getting too overwhelmed. I have started taking a cake decorating class at Michael's. I have had two classes so far and I am having a blast. I want to make Brooke's first birthday cake. Pictures to follow after the party!
This last weekend was an exciting weekend! Not only did we celebrate Brooke's 11 month mile marker, but we got her Baptized at our church here in Arlington! Both sets of grandparents came into town to celebrate the momentous occasion! It was such a blessing and it was also the celebration of Jesus' Baptism. I had my hands full trying to keep her occupied during service. Normally, we take Brooke to the nursery, so we can pay attention and enjoy the service, but obviously we had to keep her in church this time. I packed a full container of puffs and had a full bottle. Well, she ended up finishing them about 5 minutes before Rev. Mosser was finished with his sermon. She let out a few bursts of joy, but overall I think she did pretty well.
Brooke getting Baptized
(disregard the humongous sheet of black plastic in the back, they are currently working on redoing the whole organ and conveniently tore down some walls the week prior)
(disregard the humongous sheet of black plastic in the back, they are currently working on redoing the whole organ and conveniently tore down some walls the week prior)
Not only did we do all the things mentioned above, but Ryan and I got a special unexpected surprise...we got to got to the Cowboy's game on Saturday night!!! One of the doctors that Ryan works with had purchased tickets and was unexpectedly unable to go to the game, so he offered the tickets to Ryan. It was so awesome! His tickets were on the 20 yard line 4th row up!!! I have never been to a game with such good seats. You could see the players tattoos from our seats! (not that I am a fan of tattoos, just an observation) It was truly a great time and a great game to go to, since they won! Lucky for us, Ryan's parents had already arrived in town for the Baptism and were graciously willing to watch Brooke for us! It was a night I will never forget and then when I came home Lisa and Mark had not only fed, bathed, and put Brooke to bed, but also cleaned the kitchen and did all the dishes! That was the cherry on top that made it perfect! Thanks for all the kindness and help!
Cowboys coming onto the field!

What a great update - you guys have been busy! That is wonderful Brooke got baptized - how exciting! I still can't believe she will be one next month! You guys had some GREAT seats at the game - I bet that was a blast!
ReplyDelete