Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas

Our Christmas Tree
Christmas from Brooke's perspective....


My mommy told me all about why we celebrate Christmas and that Jesus died for our sins. She read me the story about Jesus's birth in the bible. My Nana and Poppy came to visit me at my house and we celebrated Christmas with them. After a yummy Christmas meal that my Mama fixed, it was time for a nap. After the nap, my Dada told me that Santa came to visit.

This is what Santa brought me.
Finally a chair just my size and my first baby doll!


I think I got the hang of opening presents.
This is fun!

My Nana and Poppy got me a fun new rocking horse that interacts with the TV. My Uncle Chris and Aunt Amy got me a ball popper, which I giggle every time Mama turns it on. I am starting to like
Christmas!
The next day it started snowing at my house and I got to see snowflakes for the first time! My Mama told me it was very special that I got to see snow on my first Christmas because it doesn't usually snow in Texas!
I didn't get to play in it because we had to pack up and go to Longview.
That night we went to Dada's Aunt Dona's house. I got to play with Aunt Stacy, Uncle Jonathan, my second cousins Grayson, Olivia, and Elizabeth. I got lots of lovin' from my Big Mama and Big Papa. Aunt Dona gave me a monkey which I love! The next day was Christmas! We celebrated with Big Mama's side of the family. I got to see my great grandparents and all of my aunts/uncles from my Dada's side, including Aunt Sara and Uncle Lane. My Uncle Jonathan made a very special present for me, my very own toy box. My great Grandpa stained it and Big Mama sewed a cushioned top for it. Now I have a great place to store all the presents I am getting.

My great granny also made some special gifts for me. I have my very own Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls. They were made using patterns from my great great Grandma and stuffing from my great Nana Pevey (I have to clarify because I have two great Nana's). She also made me some bloomers that I thought looked cute as a hat, but Mama told me they are supposed to cover my diaper. Big Mama and Papa got me a walker. I love my new mobility. I can see things from a new perspective. I get lots of kisses from Sam.

I love playing with Daddy and my new walker/rider.


Shake, Shake, Shake
Thank you Aunt Sara and Uncle Lane for my new instruments!
I had a great first Christmas and I am glad that I got to spend it with most of my relatives! I think I am going to like this time of year! Have a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a fun Christmas! It looks like she had a blast! How exciting to experience her very first Christmas! Happy New Year to you guys - miss you!

    ReplyDelete