Happy July 4th! We hope that everyone had a great July 4th weekend. We did. Ryan smoked a brisket that was delicious and we watched the fireworks on TV. On Friday, July 3rd, Brooke and I went out to lunch with Dot and then went to these cute shops where people sell items that they make like jewelry, clothes, candles, etc. I found this cute outfit that Brooke is wearing and I thought it looked festive for July 4th.She is starting to gain some more weight now that she is on cereal. I can notice her legs are getting a little chunkier. She is still very active. She is constantly moving. Yesterday I propped her up in her Boppy pillow on her stomach and placed a mirror for her to look at while I went to get some laundry. When I came back she had pushed herself over the pillow into the mirror and had a huge grin on her face. It won't be long before she is crawling. When I put her on her stomach, she gets her weight on her forearms and just starts moving those legs, but she is only able to inch along because her belly and chest are still on the floor.
Yesterday, she started sounding a lot more congested and having a runny nose. Then last night I started to feel bad. I know this comes with the territory of daycare, but I hope it won't last long and thankfully she hasn't run a fever yet. (knock on wood)
On June 27th, Brooke's aunt Sara got married. It was a beautiful wedding. We had a great time and Brooke did very well with all the people and the length of the service and reception was not too long for Brooke. Here are a couple of pics from the wedding:


The other baby in the picture above is Taylor, Sara and Lane's other niece from Lane's side of the family. She is 7mo. old.
I can't believe Brooke is almost 5 months old. Time flies... before I know it she will be starting school.
She is starting to look a little fuller! Yea Brookey! You guys look great all dressed up for the wedding - what a beautiful family!
ReplyDelete