Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Oh My, Brooke is 4!


I can't believe my baby is 4! She has grown up so fast! This has been the year of mastering skills and being superheros!! Thanks to her friends at preschool she now loves superman, batman, and wonder woman. She like reading about them and watching the shows and especially pretend play superheros!

Here are a Brooke's favorites, achievements, and some quirks:

Your favorite color is blue. You know all your abc's and can write your letters. We are starting to work on sight words. You are very good at writing your own name. You know all your colors and can even distinguishing between light and dark colors. You are also learning which colors mix to make new colors. Thanks to crayola tub color tabs!

You are very independent and like to do most things on your own. Lately most mornings you have been waking up and dressing yourself before you even come out of your bedroom.  You are always so peppy in the morning and happy to be awake. Most mornings you either want pancakes or eggs, but your favorite breakfast is cinnamon rolls or donut holes. You can be a picky eater, but will try most things. Most of the time you eat turkey and cheese sandwiches for lunch. Hot dogs, pizza, and chick-fil-a are your favorite foods. I have a hard time getting you to eat veggies, but you will eat carrots and corn on the cob. Your favorite candy is tootsie rolls, smarties, and suckers.

You have recently cut your own and Heather's hair. Thankfully it was only in the bang area so I can still pull it back. There was one evening after mommy and daddy had put both of you to bed, we heard strange sounds coming from your room. When we went to investigate, I found a clump of hair on the counter and scissors in your hand. You knew immediately that you had done something wrong. I didn't get mad at you, after all I had left the scissors in your reach, but instead just put you to bed and we talked about it the next day. Heather has bangs now and you have a funky short/long side pony tail.

You love to ask why and are always inquisitive about the way things work or look on the inside. Always asking what does the inside of a tree, dog, pen, street sign, etc look like.

One of your favorite car games is I Spy.  You love puzzles, games, and seek and find pictures. Arts and crafts are some of your favorite things to do. Paint, play doh, coloring, making things will keep you entertained for a long time. I think it is cute the way you draw stick figures with no body. The arms and legs come off the head.

You take gymnastics once a week and you love it. Coach Jon has taught you how to do cart wheels, backward bend overs, build a house, crab walk, make a table, walk on a balance beam, do a standing liberty, gymnast scaling, and heel stretch.

You love to sing and are really good. We are teaching you the piano and you love it. You can play the first verse of twinkle twinkle little star.

You have recently reentered a separation anxiety phase. If you don't want to go somewhere, you will get this death grip on my leg or clothing, but after I leave you are fine. It happens at church and gymnastics, but not usually at school. Although, you love to go to Sunday school, sing in the church choir, and participate in gymnastics with you two favorite friends, Brinley and Kate. I know this is just a phase that I will miss when you outgrow it.

You always want to know what the day and days to come have planned. One of the first things you ask me each morning is what are we going to do that day.

You love to go to the science museum in Tyler and the Caldwell Zoo. You favorite things to do in the backyard are play in water, dig holes in the dirt, look for bugs, and play on your swing set.

I love to watch you interact with Heather. You are a good big sister and love showing her how to play nicely. You often hug each other and always want to be around each other.

Some funny mispronunciations include: sank you (thank you), yes man (yes mam), Blinrey (Brinley - your best friend), dang (bang), and orangin. I know there are others, but these are the most common ones.

You wear most 4T clothes, still need some 3T bottoms and size 8 shoe. You weigh 30 lb (10%) and are 38.75" tall (26%).
I love the picture of you and Heather standing next to each other. You are holding your lovies, Baba and Blankey.
Party Pictures:
Getting excited for your birthday party to start.

Your Great Granny made your superwoman birthday shirt.
Daddy, Brooke, and Mommy at your pump-it-up party.

Heather, Great Granny, Brooke, Poppy, Nana

Jason

Jody

Kate


Brock

Jason

Brooke and Anna


Olivia H.

Benjamin, Brinley, and Kate trying to reach the top.

Olivia B.

Elizabeth and Tye loved playing with Nonga

Brooke and Brinley













1 comment:

  1. I can't believe she is 4!!! And I can't believe my 2 year old weighs more than her!! :) I loved reading her update and hearing all the sweet things she is doing. I totally laughed about the hair cutting thing...eek!!

    ReplyDelete