Sorry, it seems I've been checked out of blogging lately. I have several projects that I have been working on lately and Pinterest is addicting!
Heather is 13 months. Where does the time go? She is following Brooke all over the house and trying to mimic exactly what she does. She wants to be a "big" girl so bad. She loves to color, sort blocks, fill up containers and dump them out, put all the rings in the bath on her arms like bracelets, pick up balls bigger than her (basketball) and walk around even though she can't see where she is going, she loves to pull Sam's tail and make him spin around to see who is messing with him, the list goes on and on. That is all that comes to the top of my head for now. Heather is definitely my silly girl and loves to extract a laugh from you!
She is babbling all the time and sometimes she will repeat exactly what you said, but I know she doesn't understand the words and can't duplicate them. She knows the words mama (finally!), dada, dog, cat, bath, go. She can sign for all done, more (which also is the same as eat for her), and bath. She can moo like a cow when she sees a cow. We have been working on identifying eyes, nose, mouth, and ears. Most of the time she will point correctly to her ears.
Heather is eating well these days! I was just comparing the 1 year pics and the 13 month pics and I think her face is noticeably rounder. I think she was going through a growth spurt a few weeks ago and during the spell I couldn't feed her enough food! She has discovered CANDY and loves it! She knows that most of the time Brooke gets a piece of candy after going potty and Heather is also waiting for her treat after I give Brooke one. I can't help but give that sweet innocent face a treat! :) She also loves yogurt melts and baby cheetoes! She does well eating most fruits and some vegetables (corn, carrots, squash, sweet potatoes). She is fully weaned now and drinks whole milk all the time.
She sleeps continuously through the night. Bedtime around 7:30 and sleeps until 7am. Naps around 12 until 2. She is wearing 12 month clothes, size 4 shoe, and size 3 diaper. At her 1 year check up she weighed 18lbs and was 29 3/4" long.
Both girls are precious! Amazing how 3 starts to come around and they lose the "baby" look. So sad, but so fun to watch them grow.
ReplyDelete