Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Heather 9 months



Heather's personality has really blossomed this past month. She loves to watch the animals and even tries to catch them, but they are too fast! Sam occasionally lets her get a few grabs hair and she squeals in delight. She is starting to babble a lot more and we have heard her say mama and dada. She squeals and claps when she sees a toy she likes or when we are listening to songs. She dislikes it when I leave the room. She lights up in the morning when she sees Brooke. She loves to play with Brooke and I love to hear them giggle! Brooke is being a great big sister and is always watching out for Heather. She lets me know if Heather is going after a bug on the floor or Sam's water bowl or something else she is not supposed to have. Brooke is being very kind with sharing her toys too!

Heather is climbing on EVERYTHING! She has no fear. What ever her feet and hands can cling, she is climbing it. Just a few days ago, she climbed to the top of the slide that is part of their ball pit. She also tried climbing up the slide at the park and would get half way, but kept slipping down on her tummy. She loves to slide. I love to see her get excited when I put her at the top of the slide and help her slide down.

She is pulling up on everything and getting more confident each day. The past couple of days she has even let go of one hand and just been holding on with one. She is getting better and faster at cruising. When I put her in her walker, she walks on her tip toes all over the house. She also likes to practice walking while holding on to our hands.

She has been refusing baby food lately and only preferring to feed herself. She is doing great with self feeding. I have given her chicken, cherrios, puffs, yogurt melts, sweet potatoes, peas, cantaloupe, banana, pasta, bread, and cheese all in bite size amounts and she has done great! She is still nursing about 5 times a day and drinking about 12 oz of formula throughout the day.

She is sleeping well at night and has dropped the morning nap in favor of a longer (2hr) afternoon nap! She is finally not crying as much when we put her to sleep (and not at all for the past week) and that makes me one happy momma!

She is wearing 6-9 month clothing and some 12 month clothes. She is in a size 3 shoe and size 3 diaper. On our home scale she weighs just over 16lbs and when I tried to measure her (she is such a squirmier it is quite difficult to do this) I think she is 28 inches.

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweet Heather, you are so precious. I can't believe how big you are now. Your pictures are so cute and I think you are really starting to resemble your daddy! - Kyla

    ReplyDelete