By the looks of this picture you would think that Brooke is in trouble. It is in fact the exact opposite. She was thrilled to help me get the camera and her monkey for her monthly pose, but when it came time to actually take the picture she wanted to do anything but sit still. It was like I was torturing her every time I tried placing her in the chair and she would instantly be climbing out. So, we have no good pictures of her sitting nicely by her monkey this month.
Brooke is now 21 months (is it too early to be starting the terrible 2's??). Most of the time she is a happy, go-lucky girl, but she can have meltdowns just like any other kid. She is acting more independent each day. She can help dress and feed herself, and brush her own hair and teeth. She loves to help me with Heather. She is learning new words all the time and is mimicking everything that I do. I have to be careful what I do or say. Having a child this age really makes you aware of all your bad habits. She has learned to mimic my grunt I make when I am frustrated. She can say simple phrases such as: I do it, I love you (shortened to love you), bye-bye daddy, and help me. She can follow simple commands.
She loves to play outside, but before she can slide or play in the dirt she feels it is necessary to point out all the dog poop. When we enter her playroom, one of the first things she says is either dance (while pointing to the stereo) or color. She also loves to play with Legos. I am impressed with how intently she snaps and unsnaps them together. She also has a set of alphabet blocks and the other day I saw her stack 5 on top of one another. I have also let her watch Sesame Street and she thinks that every time we turn on the TV she should be able to watch Big Bird. She thinks that every time I sit down at the computer I am going to pull up Elmo. She knows how to turn on the iphone, which she calls goats thanks to the numerous times we have shown her videos of uncle Nonga's goats. She can navigate through the screens and select applications. I have to be careful that she doesn't delete anything on my phone.
She can name everyone in our family and most of the extended family. She can name several kids in her class at school. She is starting to become more social with others her age. When prompted she can count to three and right now she thinks the alphabet is composed of A, B, R, or O.
They looked so cute in their matching outfits. I just wish I could have gotten an picture of them smiling.
Oh my goodness Carrie! Your girls are so cute :-) And I'm afraid to tell you but welcome to the almost 2's. But know everything Brooke is doing is normal! And I feel your pain about trying top get both kids to look at the camera and smile simultaneously. I have given up trying to get posed shots of the kids if I don't have someone over my shoulder entertaining them. But looks like you guys are well! Hopefully we can catch up soon. Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDelete