Saturday, October 16, 2010

Update...

Sisters

Last weekend we visited Danville Farms with Ryan's parents. It was a lot of fun. They had a corn maze, hay ride, duck races, bouncy pillow, goat feeding, corn box, and pumpkins. The corn maze would have been more fun if it wasn't in direct sunlight and 90 degrees. Brooke loved the bouncy pillow. She laid down while Ryan and his dad bounced her. She had the cutest giggle. I would have never taken Brooke out of the house when she was as young as Heather (3 weeks). Partly because she was under my 1 month defined amount of time before baby should be introduced to the real world, and also because she had such bad reflux. Heather doesn't have reflux as bad as Brooke and I thought this is an open air environment and people are not going to be hovering over her. Heather did as well as you would expect for a baby. She took a bottle from Ryan's mom and then had a blow out (thank goodness I remembered to put a change of clothes in the diaper bag). Later on just as we were taking pictures before we were ready to leave, she vomited all over Ryan's mom. At least, we were on our way out!


Brooke on the bouncy pillow with Daddy and G-dad.



Our Family



Big Mama and G-dad with their grandkids!

Brooke also turned 20 months on October 10th. I had some trouble getting her to sit still for the photo, but here are the two best pictures.



She is getting more independent everyday. Lately she hasn't wanted us to rock her to sleep. She just wants to read a story and then be put in her crib. She has learned to follow a few commands, such as throwing away trash and putting clothes in the dirty laundry basket. She likes to help get herself dressed and brush her teeth. She loves MDO. On school days, she gets so excited that is all she says the whole way there and she doesn't cry anymore when I drop her off. She also loves to play outside. Her favorite thing to do is pour dirt over her head! I don't know where she got this idea, but I can't take her outside if I want her to stay clean. I can't wait to take her camping, she is going to love it. She is also starting to show some signs of beginning to be ready for potty training. Most of the time she lets us know when she needs a diaper change by pulling on her pants and saying diaper unless she is having too much fun doing whatever activity is occupying her. I love to see her learn new things, but at the same time it is bittersweet to see my little girl growing up so fast.

Here are some more pictures I have taken over the past few weeks:





No comments:

Post a Comment