Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Welcome Heather Ann!

We would like to welcome our newest addition Heather Ann. She was born on September 20 at 2:19am. She weights 7lbs 2oz and is 20" long. She had a rather fast arrival into the world. I know that everyone says the second child's delivery is a lot faster than the first, but I also thought that delivery would be somewhat similar. Brooke's delivery was by the book, but Heather couldn't be more different. I had a lot of back pain and contractions never were at regular intervals. I just decided to go to the hospital when the contractions became so intense that I couldn't talk while I was having one. Once we arrived at the hospital I was dilated to 6cm and contractions started coming a lot faster. I delivered a healthy baby girl less than 45 min of our check in at the hospital. I didn't have enough time to receive an epidural or any pain meds. Now that I have had a delivery with an epidural and without, I definitely prefer an epidural. In the end, we are very happy to have a healthy baby girl. Enjoy the pictures and I will try to update more frequently than I have been.

Big sister and Little sister


Heather with knitted booties from Nana and quilt from Great Granny


First family picture

3 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about you guys and wondering when that baby would get here. So happy to hear that everyone is home and healthy. You have such a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm so glad that everything went well! I still say you are a major champ for everything you went through. ;)
    I love the family photo - so precious!

    ReplyDelete