Sunday, August 2, 2009

Another Growth Spurt

I can't believe that Brooke is almost 6 months old. She is growing and learning so fast. I am positive that she is starting another growth spurt. The last couple of days she had been getting increasingly fussier and not sleeping as well. Last night she woke 3 times hungry and has been fussy all day and fed every 2 hrs! I just hope this one goes by fast. I have also had trouble getting her to take a nap the past few days, so now I am taking advantage of her napping in her crib to update the blog!
She is sitting better on her own. She has stop thrusting herself randomly backwards. She is all about moving and wiggling. She has also become very interested in our iphones and the tv remotes. So, I bought her one of those toy phones thinking that she would be more interested in that because it sings back to her and is more colorful. Wrong! She knows what is the real thing and is much more interested in that! It is cute though because if she sees it and can't reach it then she starts grunting and reaching for it. I told Ryan we should use the remotes to persuade her to crawl.
Last night while I was preparing her cereal, I had her seated in her Bumbo seat on the kitchen table. (I know they recommend not to do that, but honestly where is she going to go, and I am watching her) As I was talking to her, I started dancing and running towards her acting like I was going to "get her". She thought it was the funniest thing and was laughing for a solid 10 minutes. It was so cute, I wish I could have video taped, but I was afraid if I left the room to grab it she would stop laughing. She has also loved playing in her jumper. It is funny to see her. She bottoms out the springs. The other night we tried videoing her, but, of course, when we got the camera out she stopped jumping. I will have to secretly video her later.
I also think that she is starting to feel the pain of teething. She hasn't had any teeth pop the surface of her gums yet, but she has been chewing on everything in sight. She doesn't even chew on her pacifier like a normal baby (not that she has ever really wanted to take her pacifier). I bought her another teether. She likes these ones that Born Free makes. They are made out of silicone. I have one for her diaper bag and one for home now.
She is starting to help me feed her. She is putting her fingers in her mouth while I am feeding her cereal and grabbing for the spoon. Then she rubs her messy fingers all over her face, ears, and hair. There is a reason bath time is after cereal. Well, not very much longer and we get to start real food.
Awake babies! Nap time is over....


This is how Brooke chews on a pacifier




Messy cereal face baby

1 comment:

  1. haha - little messy girl! That's great she is so active and responsive with everything! OMG, I can't believe our little Brookey is almost 6 months old!!

    ReplyDelete