Tuesday, May 12, 2009

12 weeks and counting...

Sorry for the long time between posts. We have been so busy with me starting work and Brooke has been going through a huge growth spurt. Based on my home scale she has gained 7oz in 5 days. Yeah, Brooke!

I can't believe that Brooke is already 12 weeks. She is still working on rolling over. She has discovered that she has a voice and is talkative all the time. She loves to hear herself coo. She is also getting a lot better hand eye coordination. While in her swing, she reaches and rolls the rattle in front of her. While in her bouncy seat, she reaches and grabs the monkey and parrot in front of her. While on her activity mat, she reaches for the animals above her and swats them around. She is also starting to hold herself up a little better while I am holding her. She is starting to pull away a little from my shoulder and using more upper body strength. She has just started to razz and it is so cute.

I had to return to work on May 4th. I was excited to see my coworkers, but at the same time very sad to leave Brooke in daycare. I didn't like leaving her with someone I didn't know. Daycare has been tricky trying to figure out how much Brooke is actually eating, since I have been nursing her I have no idea how much she actually drinks. At daycare, they want me to have each bottle ready for feeding ahead of time. I have been sending 2oz bottles, but I was just informed this morning that they need more milk in the bottles. Guess I will need to pump more, now I just have to find more time in the day. It breaks my heart to leave her at daycare and go to work, but I know I have to do it. Hopefully, it will decrease her severity of separation anxiety and build up her immune system.

Brooke is the joy of my life and I love spending time with her and watching her grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment