First, Brooke's 2 month well check...
The visit went very well. She weighs 9lbs and is 22.5 inches long. She is progressing right on track for her individual growth. She is just above the 10th percentile for her age, but she has maintained that for the past 4 weeks so that is good news. She is still on the prevacid for GERD. She did very well with the immunizations. She was mad that she had to get shots, but the car ride home was still able to put her to sleep. No adverse reactions except maybe sleepiness, but I am not complaining. :) She doesn't have a set sleep or feeding schedule. She still nurses about every 2 hours. Her nights are going back and forth between every 2 hours and 3-4 hours feeding schedules. I think she is still in a growth spurt and just trying to catch up to her peers. She does very well around visitors, but when it is just me at home she would prefer to nibble all day rather than feed in one sitting. I dread going back to work. I love being with her all day and watching her learn about the world around her. She is much more alert and focusing on things around her. She is doing great with tummy time and she is also holding her head up remarkably well. This past weekend she started focusing on her feet. She still loves her bouncy seat. She is also full of smiles. I love to see those dimples. :)
Now, Easter weekend...Ryan had to work on Saturday, but had Sunday off so we were able to make a quick trip to Longview to visit family. We got in for supper on Saturday and ate dinner with Ryan's family. We got to see his sister's new house being built and it will be beautiful once it is done. Ryan's aunt Dona and cousin Jill came over to meet Brooke. Then we went to my house and stayed with my parents. It was a lot of fun seeing my parents enjoying their first grand-daughter. On Sunday we went to 2 church services. Unfortunately the weather was not cooperating and it was rainy pretty much the whole day, but the worst in the morning, right when everyone was going to church. Brooke did very well in the early church. She slept through the service and then was bright eyed when people were visiting. I was hoping to time it so that she fed right before the early church service and right after so that she would be sleepy for the second church service. She started a bottle before the 2nd service and finished it just after chruch started, but was still hungry. So, I had to step out for a little while. I have to say she did well for a 2 month old. After church, Ryan's mom had a big Easter feast and all of Brooke's grandparents, great grandparents on Ryan's side, and aunts/uncles on Ryan's side were able to come. I was a lot of fun visiting with everyone and I am glad that everyone got to meet Brooke. We took a lot of pictures. This was a really good Easter and I am glad that we were able to make it to Longview for the holiday. Brooke did very well in the car. It was her first big trip and it was a huge success. We really enjoyed the time and fellowship with our family on Easter.
Before we left Longview, we went out to Jonathan's and got to meet the new baby donkey that was born on Easter. It was so cute and looked like it was thriving.
Last week, Ryan worked on getting most of our photos posted to Smugmug. Here is the link: pevey.smugmug.com to view our pictures. I will post a few to the blog, but this is a great website for displaying the true quality of the photo and the rest of our pictures will be on the smugmug site. Ryan was on call today and will work on getting the rest of the pictures from this past weekend posted later this week.
I will try to post a new blog every week. So, check back for updates in the adventures of our life as new parents.
So glad you guys had a great Easter! How fun to be able to take Brooke to Longview and show her off to everyone! I'm glad she is doing better with her weight. Ok, the pics are precious - i totally got tears in my eyes of the one with her hand wrapped around your finger. :*)
ReplyDelete