Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Food Post!

Banana Ice cream!
This is actually not a new recipe for this week, but we tried it first about a month ago and the girls love it! And it is new for the blog! I got this idea from Pinterest, as most of my ideas start there. It is super easy and the girls feel like they are getting a special treat, but I am happy because I know it is a healthy treat!
First, you slice a banana and freeze it on a cookie sheet for a few hours. Once the slices are frozen then put them in a blender.
Just blend until desired consistency. It took me a few times of turning on and off the blender and mashing down the ingredients to get all the banana blended, but sure enough it worked and we had banana ice cream within a few minutes. It is the consistency of soft serve when served immediately after blending, but if you want a firmer ice cream then just place back in freezer. One banana was enough for my girls to split and I just divided it up into cones with some blue sprinkles on top, Brooke's favorite!
We have also served them in bowls topped with marshmallows, sprinkles, and chocolate sauce. And tried with caramel sauce. All are favorites of the girls. Next, I'm going to try blending a little bit of peanut butter (for protein, of course) and chocolate sauce.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment