Monday, June 21, 2010

Another Busy Weekend

I will start this post with last Thursday. I wanted Brooke to make something for Father's Day this year. So, I bought finger paints and a picture frame with a mat and some travel mugs (for grandfathers) that you can insert a picture or artwork. I thought Brooke would really take to doing the finger painting because I know she has done some at daycare, but she didn't want to stick her fingers in the paint. I brought out some sponge brushes and she liked painting with those much better. Her is some pictures of her in action making her art gifts. Don't worry about the paint on the tile. It is washable and came right up with a wet cloth.


Making her masterpiece



Wanna help?


Then on Friday we headed home to close on our house in Longview. Yeah! We are so excited to be moving back. We now own 2 homes and I hope that it will soon just be the home in Longview!

A couple of weeks ago Ryan's great Uncle Burt died. He was Ryan's grandad's brother. So this past weekend they had a lot of family in town for a memorial. Friday night Ryan's parents had a huge cookout for everyone that came into town. So we headed over there after the closing to visit with everyone.


Brooke and her Aunt Sara




Brooke and Big Mama



Our new house



The AWESOME kitchen

Living room



Part of the master bath


Then on Saturday Ryan and I headed back to Dallas for his End of Residency Party. Brooke stayed in Longview with Nana and Poppy. I am so happy Ryan is done with residency, well, almost; he has to work until June 30th.

All of the graduating residents with the head of residency, Dr. Jones.



Then on Sunday, we went to church and met up with my parents in Terrell to exchange Brooke. She had a blast with Nana and Poppy. They bought a kiddy swimming pool and she loved swimming in that. Then she had a lot of fun playing with our cat, Calypso. My mom took pictures, but I will post them as soon as she emails them to me. We also celebrated Father's Day with them. Poppy really liked his travel mug with Brooke's art work. After we got home it was Daddy's turn to open his gift. I found this recordable card from Hallmark that had the Jungle Book song, I wanna be like you. (The Jungle Book is Ryan's favorite Disney movie, so this was a perfect card for him) You were supposed to record a message then it played the song. I thought it would be really easy to get Brooke to say "Daddy" since that is one of her favorite words. I tried so many times to get her to record it and she was silent every single time I wanted her to say daddy. I finally resolved that I would just have to record "We Love You Daddy". Then after we got home on Sunday, I decided to take her into her nursery and while I was changing her diaper I would try one more time to get her to say "Daddy". I started off saying "We Love You Daddy" and then she followed with "Daddy". I was so happy that she finally said it and I got it recorded. Of course her favorite part is listening to the song and dancing.

Helping Daddy open his gift

Playing with the gift bag. I think she looks a lot older in this picture.

Dancing to the song.

Brooke's Father's Day Gift

1 comment:

  1. What a precious picture - so perfect that you got Brooke's painting around it.

    Your house is so gorgeous!! My jaw dropped at your incredible kitchen - holy cow!!! So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete