Thursday, November 12, 2009

9 months

Brooke is 9 months old now. She is growing up so fast...sniffle. We had a well-check this month and Brooke passed with flying colors. In fact, during the exam Brooke started clapping for Dr. Geppert, which she has been doing since the middle of August and he was really impressed. Her weight is 15lbs 2oz (but she lost a little due to recent illness), 27" long, and head circumference 43cm. She is still petite compared to most her age, but if you look at her individually she looks very proportional. We took 9 month pictures, but the camera is in the nursery and I don't want to risk waking her to retrieve it. So, pictures will be posted later.

She is starting to really explore her world around her now that she is mobile. She loves to pull up on anything, furniture, walls, drawers, pants. She has recently discovered an interest in the stairs especially if there is a cat laying on them or some other interesting objects; such as, tennis shoes. I have let her climb them with supervision. She does well on the way up, then turns around and doesn't know what to do. I have tried showing her how to ease her legs back down by going in reverse, but it will take a while to teach her the technique. I am having to keep my eyes open and watching her constantly to make sure she doesn't get into trouble.

Other notable accomplishments...
Brooke knows how to shake a rattle and loves doing it. She knows how to wave, but doesn't know when to wave. She has started imitating sounds and her favorite sound is clearing her throat (video to come later). She has started venturing more into finger foods such as pasta pick ups and little bits of real food.

Brooke and I are finally getting over our illness. She first caught an upper respiratory viral illness and then a week later caught strep throat, which she lovingly passed on to me. Thankfully, Ryan didn't get sick and we are both completing our antibiotics. We are finally returning to normal. I have learned the technique to effectively using a nasal bulb. Although, Brooke still hates even the sight of it and our neighbors probably think I am torturing her by her extremely loud screams when I use it.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I wonder who screams louder when they get the nasal bulb...Brooke or Kolby??? I often fear my neighbors knocking on the door asking if everything is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you guys are feeling better! How exciting that Brooke is about to have her first Thanksgiving and Christmas pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete