Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Crab Linguine

I know its been another 2 weeks since I have posted and I have actually tried a few new recipes since then, but it has been so chaotic and busy around here that I am just now getting to this post! Since I kind of combined 3 recipes and ad-libbed for this recipe, I am expending all the thought energy I had left for today on this post. I made this for a family with a newborn and it was enough to split between 2 families, however, I'm going to modify the ingredients a little and it should be enough to serve 6. It got rave reviews, so I hope you enjoy!

Crab Linguine

Ingredients:
2 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp butter
1/4 cup minced shallots
1 tsp garlic
zest and juice of 2 lemons
2 red jalapenos, finely chopped (more if you like added spice)
3/4 lb fresh linguine
1 lb fresh crabmeat
1 pint of heavy whipping cream
large handful of torn basil leaves
sea salt/pepper to taste

Prep:
Add olive oil, 2 tbsp of butter, lemon zest, shallots, garlic, and jalapenos to a small pan and cook on med-low heat until they soften. Set aside.

Bring large pot of salted water to a boil and cook linguine according to package. Rinse and set aside.

Add lemon zest, jalapeno, onion mix to pot that linguine was cooked in. Add lemon juice and cook over medium until sizzling. Return linguine to pan with 2 tbsp of butter. Mix in crabmeat, cream, and add salt/pepper to taste. Toss for 2-3 minutes until heated through. Fold in basil.



No comments:

Post a Comment