Thursday, May 17, 2012

Houston visit!



 The weekend before last (I know, I know...I've been getting behind on posts! Sorry!!) I went to visit one of my best friends from high school! Kyla is one of those friends that I feel like I don't even have to explain myself, she knows what I'm thinking! It seems like every time we talk we can just pick up right where we left off! There are only a couple of people in my life I can say that about and I really treasure our friendship.

Kyla and her husband moved to Minnesota about 4 years ago and lived there for 3 years before moving back to Texas! I was dying to visit her ever since she came back and this past weekend worked for both our schedules, so I packed up the girls and we headed off to Houston! This was the longest road trip Heather has been on and I was worried how it would go. She did better than I expected, but I had plenty of treats and toys from the dollar store. (On a side note: never get an oreo milkshake for a car ride, unless you want to be picking or hearing about oreo stuck in a straw every 5 seconds!)

The visit itself was wonderful and much needed! I was so happy to finally meet her little man, Joseph! He was such a cutie and has the sweetest smile! When we arrived on Friday night, he was showing off his new walking moves and it was so cute! I really think he was wondering what's up with these new girls stealing all my toys and motivated to get them back. Michael grilled some good burgers and then we let the kids play until bath and bedtime. The girls did great sleeping in their overnight tents I brought.

On Saturday, we headed to a nearby mall to let the kids play inside. The kids got to ride on the carousel for the first time. Brooke was scared at first, but once it started going she liked it and even got a stamp afterwards. 



Joseph in the play area

Me and the girls before the carousel ride. Notice Brooke's enthusiasm...
Yeah! Its over and I got a stamp!

After a fun time at the mall we headed back to Kyla's house and had lunch then nap time! The girls were not going down easily so after 1 1/2 hrs of trying to get them to nap they finally fell asleep and during that time Kyla and me had some great one on one time! It was so nice to catch up and reminisce in person! 

The best group picture I got! It is really hard to get 3 kids under 3 to all look at the camera at the same time!



Walk to the park!

After nap time, we decided to take a walk to a nearby park and let the kids play. It was so hot that afternoon and there was zero shade that we only lasted about 15-20 minutes at the park. Then we decided to go to Cheesecake factory for dinner. The girls were wild! (mainly Heather would not stay in her seat) Luckily it is a loud restaurant, so I don't think anyone minded, but it has me concerned for our upcoming trip! I will never judge another mom who uses a leash harness for their kids! I am not forgetting that for our trip!! Anyway, we had a great dinner and despite my not-a-huge-fan of cheesecake attitude, I split a slice of chocolate peanut butter cheesecake with Kyla and it was very good!

We had another great day and the girls went down easily for bed. After going to church, Kyla and I took the kids to McD's to let the kids blow off some energy before the long ride home!

I had a wonderful visit and the girls did a lot better than I expected! I am truly blessed to have life long friends like Kyla! I can't wait for the next visit!


1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun too Carrie! It was so great spending time with you and your sweet girls...they are absolutely precious! Thank you again for coming down!!

    ReplyDelete