Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Updates

I'm sorry it's been so long since my last post. We have been extremely blessed and busy this Christmas season! I'm going to tell about our last few weeks through pictures!


The first weekend in December we went to Santa Breakfast with Jill, her kids, and Stacy, Nonga, and Jason.


Jason trying to give Heather a big kiss.


Waiting to sit on Santa's lap!




After eating breakfast with Santa we headed to Danville Farms in Kilgore. We always like to get a real tree and this is our second year to get one from Danville Farms. The room we display our tree has no other furniture except a digital piano. It is a huge room with 14 ft ceilings. So, our tree needs to be substantial to take up space and look nice. Danville Farms had a lot of trees but around the 7 ft range. Anything larger was sparse except if you wanted a precut NC spruce tree, which is what we decided to get.

The hay ride around the tree farm.

Trying to find that perfect tree. Although pretty, notice how Ryan is taller than most of the trees.


Heather had fun playing with the tree bailing wire while Brooke and daddy decorate the tree.

I tried and tried to get a picture of both girls smiling at the same time! Those with kids understand this difficult task and this was the best picture I got!



This is my new pinterest project for this Christmas season. For those that have seen my house, I have no lack of wall space to hang a card holder, but I think that with out anything else on the walls it looks a little odd to just have a card holder out in a vast space of white wall. I know I really need to work on decorating and hopefully next year I will be able to focus on that. So, for now I took a piece of ribbon, fastened it around my cabinet doors, spray painted clothes pins with green glitter and hung my pretty cards.


The girls having fun pushing their cousin Jason around in the wagon!


I have been infected with the crafty bug and I can't seem to find a cure except making and baking projects. It started with homemade hand scrub and lotion for teacher's gifts and progressed to rudolph cake balls for Brooke's present to her classmates and snowman cupcakes for her class party, Christmas popcorn gifts for the auxiliary teachers, to now I'm making some homemade vanilla extract for some friends as gifts!


Rudolph cake balls ~ another pinterest idea....dangerous site for those infected with the crafty bug!



Brooke at her party excited to eat 2 cupcakes!

The snowmen cupcakes. I'm glad they made the trip from home to the party!

Stacy wrapped this box and put a cute bow on it to take some pictures of Jason. She thought I might like to use it for my girls before she threw it away so she brought it over and we tried to get some pictures these are the two best.



Brooke was being a stinker and kept on wanting to turn around backwards so I had to act fast when she did face the front to capture a picture.
The next night the girls had more fun unwrapping the box and destroying their playroom with paper strewn all over the place.


I loved hearing the giggles as I washed the dishes! Here are the girls playing in the once wrapped box!



The other day my mom and I took the girls to the mall to sit in Santa's lap. I wanted to take a few pictures of the girls in their pretty Christmas dresses before we left. They were both in such a sweet mood and loving on each other. It makes my heart melt when they act this way! I know they will be best friends for life!


We have adopted an "elf on the shelf" this year. Brooke named him Sparkly and he has been spotted all over our house. Amongst the usual suspect spots (i.e. mantle, Christmas tree, gifts, light fixtures...), he has been performing tyrolean traverses, climbing the brick wall, making art, and eating our ginger bread house!

It has been fun coming up with new places for him to hide each night and Brooke loves to look for him in the morning.

We wish everyone a joyous holidays and pray that you all get to spend it with people that mean the most to you! I want to wish you and your families a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment