Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day and 15 months

We had a great weekend. On Friday, I had my 20 week ultrasound and found out we are having another girl!!! I am so excited Brooke will have a sister.

On Saturday, Brooke had her final swim lesson and did great! She can now anticipate when I am going to put her underwater and holds her breath herself instead of me having to prompt her. She reaches for toys in the pool. She also walks down a couple of steps into the pool to me. After swim lessons, we went to this barbecue restaurant that is famous! I actually was watching a show on the Food Network and this place got mentioned for its brisket and ribs! So, after watching that show we had to try it out. Old Main B-B-Q in Euless. It lived up to its rave reviews and it is just unfortunate that we will be moving soon. After that we went to the book store to buy a book on San Diego! We are planning a trip there soon and needed to figure out an agenda for our stay. Then we went home and took naps. Once we were all rested our bellies were hungry again and we headed to our favorite store, Whole Foods, to pick out some yummy food to grill. Ryan grilled me a delicious steak and corn. Then for dessert we had grilled pineapple on top of vanilla ice cream! It was great dinner. He also bought me roses and gave me a gift certificate for a pregnancy massage for Mother's Day! I have been telling him for years that if he can't think of anything to get me then get me a massage gift certificate. He says he doesn't like to give that as a gift because there is nothing that I will have to show for it. My response is that you will have a happy, rested, and relaxed wife! That is worth its money in gold! :) I am just glad he finally listened because I thought it was one of those things I always mentioned and it went in one ear and out the other. It was a great gift for Mother's Day!

On Sunday, Ryan was on call. Brooke and I went to church and then hung out the rest of the day. We were also very excited to hear that our sister-in-law, Stacy (Jonathan's wife) is expecting!!! She is due in December. I am so happy for them. Our children will be in the same grade! How fun is that! That just put the cherry on top for a wonderful weekend.



Brooke celebrated her 15 month birthday on Monday! I can't believe time has flown this fast! She weighs 19.2 lbs and is 29 3/4 in long.
She is learning so many things. She knows the words mama, dada, dog, bubble, ball, book, ma (for more, while smacking her lips) and done. She can sign all done and eat. She is set in her nighttime routine, which is bath, book, then bed. She sleeps 11hrs at night then takes a 2hr nap during the day. She eats most foods that I give her. Broccoli is her favorite vegetable. She loves strawberries and bananas. She also loves hummus and scrambled eggs. I gave her some of my snow cone the other day and she loved it. She likes to explore and see what she can climb. It is getting more difficult to take her monthly pictures with the monkey in the chair because she is so active. She wants to either play with the monkey or get out of the chair. Here are a couple of outtakes for this month's picture session.

2 comments:

  1. So happy for your sweet new baby girl!! Yay!
    Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day weekend - I know you will enjoy that massage for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke will love having a little sister...how fun!

    ReplyDelete