It has been a while since I have posted anything. Brooke is doing so much now. I have really enjoyed this month because she is developing so fast and it seems like she is learning something new everyday. She is still trying really hard to crawl. She rocks back and forth, but doesn't really have it figured out yet. She can go from sitting to all fours, but not all fours to sitting.
We have started solids. So far, she has had oatmeal cereal, avocado, squash, sweet potatoes, pears, prunes, peas, and today I put a small slice of ripe cantaloupe in a mesh feeder, but she didn't eat much. She mainly played with it.
She has known for a while how to blow raspberries, but she is doing it all the time now. She thinks it is funny. She is babbling a lot more. It is funny because she starts moving her mouth before any sound comes out.
She has started to protest when she doesn't want to do something. First witnessed to the extreme last weekend, when Ryan and I were driving back from Longview. She slept for about 30 min. in the car and then she had enough of the car seat. She was fussy for the rest of the way back and nothing would sooth her except to get her out of the car seat.
She is very curious about everything. She wants to touch and put everything in her mouth. She loves to flip the pages of a book and dump things out of containers. She has figured out how to clap and this is usually accompanied by babbling. I need to get this on video.
She loves bath time and splashing in the water. I have her in a bath seat now and I bought some more water toys. She likes sitting up in the bath.
She likes to play games like peek-a-boo and sing interactive songs with mommy, like itsy-bitsy spider and patty-cake patty-cake.
Here is a typical weekday in Brooke's life:
Wake up around 5-6am for a feeding. Mom gets me up and dressed around 6:15am to go to daycare. I eat cereal around 7am and have a 4oz bottle. Then I take a nap, usually 45min. I have another 4oz bottle at 9am. Then I eat a veggie around 10-11am (depending on how hungry I am). Then I usually take another short nap 30-45min. Then I play and have another 4oz bottle around 12pm. Mom picks me up between 1-2pm. I come home and either eat or play depending on the last time I was fed. I take another nap (on good days) for about 45min. Then I nurse around 4pm. Then it is all out play time for a couple of hours and usually by then dad is home and I am always excited to see him. After that, I eat another fruit or veggie and cereal. Then it is bath time and I nurse again before going to bed around 7-7:30.
No comments:
Post a Comment